Learn to Lead Climb Indoors (1 Day)
Who's it for?
This one day course is designed for those wanting to become independent and competent indoor 'lead' climbers. It is ideal for those who have some experience of indoor rock climbing, and those who can confidently belay.
Lead climbing requires a variety of different skills so we will aim to cover the following: belaying a lead climber, holding & taking lead climbing falls, clipping in, route selection, climbing grades and climbing tactics.
- How to warm up- to avoid injury, and improve climbing performance.
- Movement Coaching- to improve your rock climbing movement skills.
- Putting on and adjusting a harness- tying the climbing rope into the harness.
- Belaying skills for bottom roping & lead climbing – including holding falls and lowering.
- Lead climbing, clipping bolts andlowering-off safely.
- Basic rope work- tying in and coiling a rope.
- Introduction to basic techniques & strategies for controlling fear and anxiety whilst lead climbing.
All safety equipment, including rock shoes, are provided free of charge.
Awesome Walls, Sheffield
This course is run at a maximum ratio of 1:2 (one instructor to 2 clients) so that learning can be tailored and optimized to each individual.
1:2 £85 per person
This course is delivered on an on demand basis, as such please let us know which dates you would like to attend on and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
To make a booking please contact us with your preferred course dates and we'll then get back to you as soon as possible.
If you would like some more information about this course, or if you have any questions regarding it, then please feel free to contact us by clicking here.